Within the Certificate in Education Research & Inquiry unit, you will undertake three examinations:
In this assessment unit, you will deepen your understanding of education research as you plan and implement a small-scale inquiry project within your classroom. You will begin by identifying an aspect of classroom practice as a focus for your inquiry, developing a robust inquiry question and undertaking a comprehensive literature review that will inform your inquiry.
As you progress through the course you will build your understanding of a range of research methods, explore ethical considerations and approaches to analysing data, and will be guided through the process of planning and implementing your inquiry project. You will disseminate the findings from your project in a written report and research poster.
What will you learn?
- Learn about practitioner inquiry and how this can be utilised to support teacher professional learning and school development
- Undertake an evidence-informed inquiry project to gain deeper insights into your teaching practice, with the ultimate aim to improve outcomes for your pupils
- Have the choice and freedom to focus your inquiry on an area of classroom practice that is meaningful and relevant to you and your context
The course includes around 6-8 hours of core learning content:
- Familiarising with the process of practitioner inquiry and understanding its value to tutors
- Choosing a focus and formulating an inquiry question
- Identifying, navigating and appraising research, to support you in undertaking a comprehensive literature review to inform your inquiry
- Understanding of a range of research methods and approaches to analysing data
- Gathering and analysing data from a range of evidence sources as part of the inquiry process
- Guidance on how you can share your findings through a written report and research poster as part of the Classroom Practice
- Inquiry Project assessment.
The course includes a number of directed activities that will help to move your project forward, including searching for research as part of your literature review and completing your project planning document, but you will also need to engage in research activity that will take you some way beyond the time stated.
What is included?
- This unit is part of a 12-month programme, each unit has 3 months to complete
- Weekly Group Sessions
- Monthly 1:1 with QT’s Learning & Development Lead booked directly
- Dedicated Closed community hosted in the QT Community
You must be a QT Member to undertake this training programme.